Monday, April 2, 2012

Going bananas



We have been waiting ages for this bunch of banana's to ripen and now, as always, they have all ripened at once. The kids are sick of them and I am ready to freeze the remaining bananas for future baking and smoothies.



I made this quick banana bread this morning. It was the perfect morning tea treat. I wish that I had doubled the recipe, I don't think it will last long.

I have been making this recipe since my teens. It is a Jamaican recipe and I love the addition of the lime juice and nutmeg.

Banana Bread

makes 1 loaf

make during the autumn months


• 95 grams unsalted butter (softened)

• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup caster sugar

• 1 3/4 cups plain flour
• 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda

• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

• 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 1/2 cups banana (mashed)

• 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)

• 1/2 lime (juiced)

• 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg

• 1 teaspoons vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Grease and flour a bar tin. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Sift in the flour, baking powder and soda. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour the mixture into prepared bar tin and bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.

2 comments:

  1. You know I just LOVE little lady fingers!!! A nice bunch of these would make a great gift to me right about now! :)
    Come visit and bring some of those narnies....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make it soon - promise!!! I'll bring some banana bread too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...