Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Easy Beef Chilli



I have had a cooking day today. This morning I made a big pot of this easy beef chilli. I always make a large quantity and put it into serving size containers to freeze.

It is the beef chilli that I use for our taco's and nacho's. These are popular requests in our house and I am happy have the beef chilli at hand for a healthy dinner that can be made in minutes. I find it good for the kids, as it is not spicy. And as another one of my base recipes, I often throw in whatever is in my fridge: grated or pureed vegetables, a spoonful of chutney or sometimes chopped herbs.

I have been cooking this recipe ever since I left home at seventeen, it probably came from a Womans Weekly magazine.

Easy Beef Chilli


serves 4-6

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 onions (diced)
• 300g beef mince
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• salt and pepper
• 1 x 440g can red kidney beans (drained)
• 1 x 440g can tomatoes
• 1/4 cup tomato paste
• 2 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce

Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and gently saute the onion until soft. Add the mince and stir until browned. Add the cumin and season to taste. Add the remaining ingredients and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes.Take a look here to see who else is participating in blogtoberfest.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm looks tasty. This is a meal that I cook too for the same reasons you outlined above. The only difference is that we add chilli as we do not have children yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...