Saturday, December 3, 2011

Chinese Spare Ribs



My mother used to cook these pork spare ribs when I was growing up. I always loved them. I think that this is a slight variation to her original recipe, but this is the recipe I have been cooking for a long time now.

They can be cooked either in the oven or on the barbecue. Mum always oven baked hers and so did I; that was until we cooked them for a family barbecue one day. Everybody loved them, so now we cook them on the barbecue most of the time. One friend always requests them if she is coming for lunch.

Maybe your guests will too.

Be warned: the honey makes for a lot on smoke on the barbecue!

Chinese Spare Ribs

serves 4-6


• 1 kilogram pork spare ribs


the marinade


• 3 tablespoon soy sauce

• 2 tablespoon dry sherry
• 5 tablespoon hoisin sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder

• 2 tablespoon honey


Mix all ingredients together and marinate overnight. Barbecue or oven bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...