Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Butterscotch Buttons



I first tried these yummy biscuits on my cousin's farm. They were so delicious that I poured myself another cup of tea, grabbed a pen and paper and copied out her recipe on the spot.

"Not only are they yummy, but they are so easy" my cousin had said. She was right.

Last week I went looking so something quick to make for morning tea, I remembered her words when I rediscovered this recipe hiding at the bottom of the pile. They were whipped up in minutes. The perfect 'last minute' biscuit recipe to have at hand.

Butterscotch Buttons

makes 24

• 125 grams butter (softened)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
•1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
• 1 tablespoon golden syrup
• 1 1/4 cup self-raising flour

Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Prepare 2 biscuit trays. In a large bowl, beat the butter, vanilla, sugar and golden syrup until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour. Roll the mixture into level teaspoon size balls and place on the baking trays 5 cm apart. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...