Monday, November 14, 2011

My first white loaf

After the immediate success of my first bread machine bread making experience, I decided I would wing it last week and attempted to make a rye loaf in my bread machine.



Despite the fantastic smells that filled my kitchen and a five hour wait, it was disaster. I used a different bread machine bread book and it just did not work. Today I went back to what I know and used the bread book that came with my machine to make a basic white loaf.



Now that's better.

Large Basic White Loaf


• 1 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast (I've kept mine in the freezer)

• 475 grams plain flour
• 2 teaspoons table salt

• 2 tablespoon butter
• 2 tablespoons raw sugar

• 350 ml water


Put the ingredients of your bread into the bread maker in the order of the ingredients list. Yeast first and water last. There is no need to mix. Press the menu button and select basic. Press the select button and select bake. Press start and walk away. When the beeper beeps to indicate that the bread is ready lift the lid immediately to remove the bread. Remember to wear oven mits and shake the pan several times to remove the bread. Place the bread on a wire rack to cool.

 

It was very yummy with my homemade strawberry jam.

As for the rye bread, I will try that again soon, but I will hand knead it instead.

2 comments:

  1. That white loaf looks so moist. mmmm delish. Sorry the rye did not turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, it does look a disaster, Better luck next time... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...