Friday, August 24, 2012

It's time for healthy eating



After a few weeks of over eating and indulgence, it is no wonder that this book practically jumped into my hands at the library this morning. I wasn't looking for it, it was just there. This is definitely the type of food that I need to be eating over the coming weeks. Fresh, simple, raw and in moderation.

No more coffee, cake (maybe just a little) red meat, cheese, bread, chocolate, fried food or wine (ok, maybe just a little bit of that too)

As I look back at the food we ate on our holiday, one thing stays with me. The food tasted delicious because, mostly, it was seasonal, local and cooked with care. Simple, old fashioned techniques, slow and unpretentious. Perfect.

It is the lesson to be learned here. I already know this about food, but often I am in a rush to get dinner on the table and kids off to bed. But I intend to make much more of an effort in the future, because really shouldn't we be 'eating like kings' everyday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...